Civil Engineering in K S Polytechnic was started in the year 2004, with intake of 45 students with well furnished Laboratories and Classrooms. The intake was increased to 60 for next batch. The first batch of students was passed out in the year 2007 with flying colors. Many students have completed the course with distinctions.
Campus interviews were conducted by ACC and ABB for the first batch of students for ABB and 3 students for ACC were selected. Similarly the campus interview is being conducted for the successive batch. Many of the students are working in prestigious construction companies like ABB, ACC, Mantri developers and Shobha developers. Many any of them are studying in prestigious Engineering College like MSRIT, DSCE, KSSEM and BGSIT.
The department has a very good them of dedicated lecturers. Personality development programmes, Orientation programmes and seminars are conducted in civil engineering related subjects are under the able guidance of the principal.
Survey camp will be conducted in 6th semester for 12 days every year and students will be exposed to the practical application of survey in the field.
In future we would like to provide the best technical knowledge to our students so that they will be able to compete globally and excel in their streams.
- ◈ To Department is awarded ‘A ‘gradation from DTE, of Karnataka.
- ◈ Majority of students are either placed in reputed companies like ABB, ACC, Wipro, Purvankara or studying in engineering colleges of repute.
- ◈ Well experienced and motivated teaching staff.
- ◈ Guest lecture on different industries & institution.
- ◈ Extensive survey project camp was conducted in karishma hills with contains Geographical importance for different civil engineering constructions such as Dam, Reservoir, canal, waste Weir.
- ◈ Practical training of Civil projects like constructions of buildings, roads, metro foundations, details of water & sewage treatment plant was provided to students by highly experienced staffs.